Thursday, January 15, 2009

First assignment :-)

Mk, SO, the first assignment here is to pick one of the things from a list of options to animate, and then shoot video reference, draw sketches, Block, and then animate. All the way through. Its over a 4 week period, which is nice, more time to refine things. I liked a bunch of the options, but I decided to pick walking down the stairs. I wanted the opportunity to see how well I would do with working the "weight" aspect of the animation, every time you hit the step below the first, making sure the weight is communicated. We'll see what happens!

SO, on to it, here is what I have so far:

Video reference (Thanks to Kyle :-))



I tried getting a bunch of different angles, front and back, side, at a 3/4 view, etc to help out during blocking. So far, I'm glad I did it! Its been extremely helpful.

Next, I had to do sketches, at least two pages worth. These turned out alright, some of them could have been better, but I was a bit rushed for time, so take a look...



Figured the front and side were most important. I have trouble drawing things in odd perspectives sometimes, so I thought these would be easiest to understand and to complete for me in the time I had.

Well, now that I have the reference materials posted, here is my FIRST round of blocking. This is literally, just putting down the poses. I still have a lot of blocking left to do. Check it out!




So far so good if you ask me. Got a long way to go, but its a start! Getting back to it. Posting more later :-)

No comments: