Monday, December 8, 2008

Coming up to the end...of Semester 1!

So, my entire "portfolio" for Semester 1 at Animation Mentor is due in about a week and a half. So excited to be moving on to the next class!!!!!! I have some new work to post here, so lets get started!!

Alright, so I revised Ballie's "Vanilla Walk", and here it is!




I feel much better about it than the last one. I feel like there is still some improvement that could be made, like the knees are still popping, which I of course don't like, and a couple of other things, but I'm still figuring out how to achieve those improvements. Much happier with it than before though!

This past week we had to do our "Character Walk," and a lot of people chose to do the "sneaky walk", there are a lot of diagrams and reference for it, and I had done a sneaky walk in the past, so I decided to try my hand at a skipping "walk" if you could call it that.

This week was just the blocking stage, and I definitely have some modifications to make (rotation along some more of the axis to make his movement more dynamic and interesting...also more life-like, etc), but here is my first go at it at least:

Skipping



So now this week is to revise the skipping walk, and add a 3/4 view to it, along with a new sketched Stu Pose. Looking forward to it. Im definitely enjoying really getting into this stuff to make it look smoother...its intimidating sometimes for me to get into the curves and mess around with things, theres just SO much to work on and so much to know, but I am feeling much more confident about it then I have in the past. Especially considering I didn't ever even USE the Graph Editor in 4 years of Animation at JMU! Wow...I don't know how I did that. Hahaha. Well, one thing is for sure, my animations are looking much better now than they did before. I love Animation Mentor :-D


Starting to look for some serious employment too because my internship at Henninger is coming to an end. Trying to see what opportunities I can come up with, and its nice that I've had some help from my coworkers there, and from my friends. :-) Hoping something will pan out for me, even if its another internship!

The search continues!

Now to get to those emails that I need to send out...to get those jobs!

No comments: